Our team of consultants shares a wealth of experience in a wide range of industries across a host of global markets. Arbutus Solutions team members also hold MBA’s and other advanced degrees, Microsoft certifications, and Microsoft insider privileges. When our business experience and academic accreditations combine with the most current technical qualifications, Arbutus Solutions offers a holistic approach to delivering innovative work management solutions that is unparalleled within our field.
We help you design, develop, implement, and maintain solutions that support and enhance your overall business strategy and support specific business objectives. Arbutus Solutions facilitates your organization to realize your strategic vision.
Why choose Arbutus Solutions?
- We venture beyond adapting tools to meet your Project and Portfolio Management needs. We draw upon our shared expertise in business to help your organization initiate your strategic vision.
- The key members of Arbutus Solutions – our partners, our business analysts, our developers, our sales team- amalgamate a remarkable CV of business experience, and we draw on this shared knowledge in delivering results for our clients. Working with Arbutus Solutions means that your organization can access this knowledge, gaining valuable insights from our successes and our challenges. Get to know Arbutus Solutions.
- We have worked on high profile projects for various organizations in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. See our current list of clients.
- We have worked in a variety of industries and professions including oil and gas, utilities, education, global finance, government, public works, healthcare, agribusiness, property management, technology, communications, and legal. We have retained an empirical knowledge of both the diverse and similar requirements for EPM systems from each of these environments.
- We know what company executives, project managers, IT support teams, and end users need from a PPM solution because we have held all of these positions. We know what each level of organization needs to access, analyze, and use in order to make your Project and Portfolio Management system most effective. View our Management Team’s biographies.
- We demonstrate both practical and academic proficiency in the field of Project Portfolio Management Consulting. Amongst our team, approximately 50% hold Master’s Degrees in Business Administration.
- Our collective business savvy is augmented by the technical expertise in the configuration & customization of the stack of Microsoft Project Management tools and applications including: Project Server 2007, Project Server 2010, SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2010, IE7, IE8, IE9, Project Professional 2010, Exchange 2000, Enterprise 2010, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Reporting Services, Office Suite 2003/2007/2010.
Arbutus Solutions counts itself amongst the 1% of companies within the Microsoft Partner Network to have achieved Gold Competency certification in Project and Portfolio Management. According to Microsoft, “partners with this specialty are experts in developing and implementing robust enterprise project management (EPM) solutions based on Microsoft Project software”. In order to qualify for specific Microsoft Competencies, potential partners must undergo rigorous practical and academic examination. For your organization, this means that you have access to the most qualified, experienced and trusted team of business consultants, who also possess the technological expertise to implement your EPM/PPM solution.
Learn about Arbutus Solution’s additional accreditations and industry recognition.
- Arbutus Solutions also maintains certification in three Silver Competencies from Microsoft in Content Management, Portals & Collaboration, and Search.
- All Arbutus Solutions Senior Partners and several Consultants have achieved Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) accreditation in a variety of applications. Some examples of MCTS certifications acquired by the Arbutus Solutions team include: Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects, Project Server 2010, Configuration, and SharePoint 2010.
- Key team members are additionally recognized by Microsoft as Certified Trainers, System Engineers, and Database Administrators.
- Arbutus Solutions has been nominated twice for the annual Canadian Microsoft Impact Awards. In 2010, Arbutus was a finalist for the award for Marketing Innovation Partner of the Year.
- Arbutus Solutions earned Microsoft’s Project and Portfolio Management Partner of the Year for 2011.
We build your EPM solution by employing a comprehensive requirements-assessment process that examines your business in action.
Before we talk, we listen. We are aware that every industry, every organization, every team of users has its own vision, approach and culture. Before Arbutus Solutions begins to build your EPM solution, we lead you through a detailed assessment to ascertain your organization’s unique requirements. This allows us to offer you a project management system precisely tailored to your environment, your timeline and your budget. This comprehensive process produces an end-result we are confident will satisfy your stakeholders, and provides you with a return on investment that exceeds your expectations.
- Our experience integrating project management solutions for a variety of organizations has indicated that we must observe every aspect of your existing work flow processes. We call this examination our “Customer In Action” evaluation. We investigate in detail such crucial aspects of your organization as project governance, collaborative practices, accounting requisites and methodologies, reporting requirements, and resource management.
- Arbutus Solutions is committed to creating a solution that maximizes your investment. We offer prudent recommendations for the design of your EPM solution. In taking into consideration your needs and your budget, we suggest options that allow you to select and combine:
- applications that are out-of-the-box ready from Microsoft’s stack of solutions
- applications that require minor configurations
- applications that necessitate detailed customization specifically to your needs
To your solution, Arbutus Solutions applies a collective knowledge of business best practices and the most current technological applications from Microsoft. Our ability to assess your strategic vision through the purview of seasoned business experts means that we will design the most effective solution to meet your evolving needs as an organization.